Looking for meaning in your life? Trying to find a better way to spend a few hours a week or month than watching the latest reality TV show? Consider volunteering with Powerful Voices.
Girls Crew is our team of on-call volunteers who help the organization with anything from direct support to girls in our programs to helping at a crafting party for luncheon decorations. There are multiple ways you can get involved. Listed below are our current volunteer opportunities.
Powerful Voices depends on over 180 volunteers across the gender spectrum each year to support our programs for girls ages 12-19.
Check out how you can get involved!
- Annual Luncheon (Oct 13)
- Mock Interview Day (Oct)
- WOC Career Panel (Nov)
- Job Readiness Program: Meal Prep (Various dates Oct-Nov)
- Curriculum Copy Editing (Oct-Dec)
Winter and Spring 2017
- Adult Allies Crew (Jan-Apr)
- Girlvolution Crew (Jan-Apr)
- Girlvolution (Various dates in Apr)
- ActiveVistas Program: Meal Prep (Various dates in Jan-Apr)
- DYVAS Program: Meal Prep (Various dates in Jul-Aug)
Looking for an internship? Powerful Voices offers several internships each January-April to high school seniors and anyone over 18, who is interested in helping to coordinate our largest community engagement event of the year, Girlvolution, a youth-led, social justice conference.
Board of Directors
Layla Taylor, Community Engagement Coordinator